From the Desk of
First, and foremost, Mutual of Omaha would like to thank you for your business. We are very appreciative of the amount of business we have received, and continue to receive, due to your commitment and partnership.
Due to unprecedented volumes of new business, our Simplified Issue Life Underwriting team is experiencing delays in time service. However, we remain committed to providing you the quality service you have come to expect. To accommodate this, we are increasing our staff and working overtime on nights and weekends to ensure your business is handled properly, and as quickly as possible.
As we work toward returning to expected service levels, we are committed to keeping you updated on our service times.
Our current time service levels are listed below:
- New Business Reviewed: 6-7 business days
- Pending Requirements Reviewed: 1-2 business days
- Policy Issued (from app received, to policy issued): 8 business days
- Post Issue Requirements: 1-2 business days
- Emails and Phone Call Returned: 24-48 hours
How you can help:
- Ensure your applications are in good order before submitting.
- Follow the case pending status report on SPA.
- Submit requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please refer to our Submission via Email process guidelines for details on submitting requirements electronically.)
- Reply promptly to requests for additional requirements.
- Reference the Express Underwriting Guide and Prescription Drug Exclusion List to assist with eligibility assessment.
We thank you for your continued support and appreciate your patience and understanding as we work diligently to return to normal time service levels. You can be assured that we are doing everything possible to get your cases issued in a timely manner.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Sales Director or Account Executive.
VP, Individual Underwriting