From the Desk of
Mutual of Omaha has been closely monitoring our new business and underwriting practices since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, periodically making business decisions regarding our underwriting guidelines.
We are pleased to announce that we are updating our long-term care insurance guidelines effective immediately. The following updates apply to all submitted and pending in-house LTCi cases:
- If the proposed insured, or any member of their household, has come into close contact with anyone known to the insured to have tested positive for COVID-19 and is asymptomatic, there is no required waiting period if the proposed insured provides a negative follow-up COVID-19 test
- If the proposed insured tested positive for COVID-19, did not require treatment and is asymptomatic, there is no waiting period if the proposed insured provides a negative follow-up COVID-19 test
- If the proposed insured tested positive for COVID-19, required treatment, or had COVID-19 symptoms, the applicant will have their application postponed for a minimum of 30 days from resolution of symptoms and will require a negative follow-up COVID-19 test
- APS records supporting the negative test will be required
- If the proposed applicant was hospitalized due to COVID-19, their application will be postponed for 12 months.
- Hospitalization does not include outpatient services
Thank you for your patience and dedication to Mutual of Omaha. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your Sales Director.
Director of Underwriting