When the need for long-term care services arises, the agent is often the first person the policyholder contacts. That’s why it’s important for you to know how the claims process works in order to understand your role.
- Making initial contact- The insured may contact you as their first step.
- Gathering information- A representative from Mutual of Omaha’s claims department will talk with the insured to gather more information.
- Explaining how the policy works- Not all LTC policies are the same.
- Determining benefit eligibility- Each policy states how the insured is eligible for benefits.
- Paying the claim- After the elimination period the insured will become eligible to receive benefit payments.
For more information on this process check out the LTC claims process flyer.