Our underwriters know your LTCi clients aren’t just a list of diagnoses, and they rely on you to tell them more. They encourage you to paint a picture about your clients’ health, cognitive status and lifestyle. Because the more you can tell them, the better the chance for a positive underwriting outcome. You can do that by gathering as much information as possible from your clients, including:
- Recent doctors’ visits, lab tests, etc.
- Any diagnoses they’ve received
- Learning about any tests, recent surgeries or physical therapy
- Documenting medications they take
- Information about their physical and social activities
- Confirming they have never been declined for LTCi by another carrier
Attach a Cover Letter
A cover letter attached to an application is the best way for underwriting to get to know your client. Remember the more information you can share when you submit your application, the better the chance for a positive outcome.