We are pleased to announce that effective January 1, 2022, the Life Protection Advantage IUL’s long-term, no-lapse protection guarantee will be extended from age 85 to 90 for the state of California. And, we are providing this additional 5-year guarantee at no additional cost for level-pay premium illustrations!*
This exciting new enhancement helps make Life Protection Advantage even more competitive in the industry.
In addition to providing protection that is guaranteed to age 90 at competitive premiums, Life Protection Advantage also offers:
- Competitive Protection Beyond Age 90
While the average 50-year-old in the U.S. has a life expectancy in the mid-to-late 70s, some of your clients may live past age 90. That’s why it’s extremely important to have a product that is also strong on the non-guaranteed side. When paying the ‘guarantee-to-90′ premium, you will find that Life Protection Advantage’s projected coverage will often outlast our competitors’ policies by 5-10 years, even when illustrated at conservative rates. View the competitive comparison.
- A Guaranteed Refund Option (GRO) Rider
Unlike many other IULs, qualifying Life Protection Advantage IUL policies* come with a premium refund option. If your clients no longer need their life insurance coverage, the GRO feature offers seven 60-day windows in which they can surrender their policy and receive their premiums back. And don’t forget, we recently increased the maximum GRO Rider refund amount to 80% of the specified death benefit.
- A Terminal and Chronis Illness Rider
This accelerated benefit feature is included with all policies at no additional cost and no additional underwriting.
- Applications signed on or after January 1st, 2022, will automatically receive the new guarantee to age 90, as long as the long-term no-lapse guarantee premium is paid. Applications signed on or after January 1st, 2022 must also be accompanied by an illustration dated on or after January 1st, 2022 to ensure the illustration reflects the new guarantee period.
- Applications signed on or after December 1st, 2022, that are pending in house will have the option to obtain the new guarantee period upon request. A new illustration reflecting the extended guarantee period will need to be received in the home office by January 15th, 2022.
Whether your clients are looking for long-term protection, strong accumulation values or a simplified issue solution, we have an IUL product to meet your clients’ diverse needs. Learn more about our complete IUL portfolio at DiscoverIUL.com.
If you have any questions, please reach out to a member of your Life Sales Team.
*Premiums did not change. Short-pay premiums may appear higher since they are now covering a longer period of time (age 90 vs. age 85).