We are committed to protecting our associates and their families, as well as being there when our policyholders and customers need us the most.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we have implemented a plan to help reduce the risk of exposure and transmission among our employees and allow us to continue to provide service to our policyholders and customers. This includes several changes to our corporate policies.
- Work. All employees strongly encouraged to work from home
- Travel Guidelines. Restricted employee travel and company visitors
- Technology. Equipped employees with tools and technology to work remotely from home.
- Business Continuity. Successfully completed mandatory work from home tests with all associates.
- Facility Management. Conducted deep cleaning of facilities in all Genworth locations; implemented limitations on in-person meetings.
- Employee Benefits. Revised associate time off and FMLA policy.
In determining our level of response to any health threat, we take our lead from public health officials and state and local governments and refine our protocols, as needed, to protect our employees and the communities we work in while continuing to serve our policyholders. As we make changes and updates, we will revise this page with the most current information.
Listed below are some helpful third-party resources that may provide understanding of COVID-19 and the potential impact on individuals in long term care situations.