At the end of October 2016, we announced a new policy delivery process to include new policy delivery requirements, policy effective dates, and updated forms. We are expanding those delivery requirements in an effort to streamline the process and make it easier to do business with us.
On July 10, 2017, the additional delivery requirements will alleviate going back and forth to your customer during the underwriting process to update and initial forms. The new forms that will be used at delivery as needed are:
Amendment of Application for Individual Long Term Care Insurance form (ICC16027604 and state variations)
- The Amendment of Application for Individual Long Term Care Insurance form will replace the existing process of requiring updated and initialed documents prior to issue of the policy.
- Any outstanding information will continue to be requested and must be received prior to issue. This information may be received via email or phone call.
- This information will be included on amendment forms included in the policy to be signed at delivery of the policy and returned to us with other delivery requirements.
Amendments do no apply to California applications.
Signed application – Part I and Coverage Selection:
The Application – Part I and/or Coverage Selection will be recreated to be signed on delivery of the policy when changes are so significant that an Amendment is not practical or when the incorrect form is received.
Supplement Regarding Good Health and Continued Insurability for Individual Long Term Care Insurance form (ICC16-27604 and state variations):
The underwriters may, at their discretion, request a Supplement Regarding Good Health and Continued Insurability for Individual Long Term Care Insurance form. A scenario where this may apply is during the appeals process where the signed Part 2 is aged and the good health and continued insurability needs to be validated.
This form does not apply to applications with Conditional Insurance or to California applications.
Transition Rules for Amendment for any existing applications received before July 7th with outstanding requirements:
- If the outstanding requirement has been obtained, we will issue the policy with the requirement once received.
- If the outstanding requirement has not been obtained, we will issue the policy with an amendment. Keep in mind, the information must be provided in order to issue the policy with the amendment.
There are no Transition Rules for the Signed Part I or the Signed Coverage Selection, and Good Health Supplement. They will be used as applicable starting with policies issued on July 10, 2017 or later.
Delivery Requirements Enhancements