As REQUIRED by federal regulation, all producers writing permanent life or annuity products must complete the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) training. Each producer that completed AML training prior to January 1, 2020 is required to complete AML renewal training by June 30, 2020.
The renewal course is titled “Money Laundering and Cybercrime – Anti-Money Laundering for Insurance Review” will automatically be assigned by LIMRA and takes approximately 30 minutes to complete. Mutual of Omaha has contracted LIMRA to provide anti-money laundering training at no cost to you.
Once you’ve completed the course, LIMRA will automatically send Mutual of Omaha a notification. You will not receive a certificate of completion.
If you do not complete this course by June 30, 2020, any permanent life or annuity business you submit will not be issued until you have completed the course.
To Access the LIMRA course
Log-on to LIMRA and enter your username and password. (Both are case sensitive.)
Username: Your username is your National Producer Number (NPN).
Password: Your last name (in lower case letters) or the password you previously created to access your account.
Trouble loggin in?
- If you do not know your NPN, you can look it up by visiting the National Insurance Producer Registry at http://www.nipr.com.
- f you cannot recall your password, make sure your username is filled in and click “Forgot Your Password”, and answer the security question. Answering the security question correctly will allow you to reset your password.
If you have any questions accessing the training site or navigating within the LIMRA site, please contact CFM Partners (LIMRA’s hosting partner) at (866) 364-2380 or send an email to email@example.com.
Acceptance of alternate AML training
Mutual will accept AML training completed through a limited number of alternate vendors that provide such training courses to the financial industry – primarily Banks and Broker/Dealers. Those vendors whose AML training Mutual will currently accept are; RegEd, Sandi Kruise, WebCE and Kaplan. Producers choosing to participate in this program and opt out of LIMRA training must meet the following criteria:
- you must provide a valid certificate of completion that identifies the vendor that the course completed was in fact their AML training module and a completion date
- you must be aware that the certificate will only be valid for two years from the date of completion, regardless of how long the vendor stipulates the training is valid
- upon expiration of the certificate, you will be required to provide an updated certificate of completion of an approved vendor AML course; if a new valid certificate is not submitted, you will be re-enrolled into LIMRA and be required to complete their designated AML training
- the four vendors noted above are the only AML training course providers currently allowed – no other vendor courses will be accepted
If you elect this option, certification can be mailed to Mutual of Omaha Ins Company, Mutual of Omaha Plaza, 6-Producer Services Omaha, NE 68175, or faxed to 402-997-1830, or email to contractsandappointments@mutualofomaha.