What Can I Do Between Now and October 15th?
Do find yourself asking this question? As you start to gear up for AEP 2020, remember to keep your marketing activities compliant. Below is some information that should help you do just that, when it comes to marketing for the upcoming Annual Enrollment Period.
During Pre-AEP (Oct 1 – Oct 14), You CAN:
- Educate consumers by providing plan information
- Conduct marketing activities as long as you don’t “receive” or “solicit” an application
- Leave an application with the client for them to fill out and submit on/after Oct 15th (don’t write your name or agent # on the app)
- Host Marketing/Sales Events
During Pre-AEP (Oct 1 – Oct 14), You CANNOT:
- Receive/Accept/Solicit enrollment forms prior to Oct 15th
- Write your name or writing # on an Application (prior to Oct 15th)
- Remember any enrollment form received before Oct 15th with any indication of agent involvement (i.e. Agent name or writing #) will be investigated by the respective Carrier.
- Strongly urge or pressure a client to fill out an application NOW
Things to remember when hosting Sales/Education Events:
For more information and resources, please call your Regional Director at 800-842-7799, or contact our Medicare Team directly at 866-862-2325.
Contact us with any questions — we are here to support YOU!