Expect temporary LTC application processing delays
Work is underway to process unprecedented influx of LTC applications
One of Thrivent’s commitments is to provide a consistently high-quality service experience. We’re honoring this commitment by communicating with you transparently about a current service disruption.
Since late May, Long Term Care Group (LTCG) has received an unprecedented volume of long-term care (LTC) applications. This volume is causing delays in the processing of LTC applications and the ability to respond promptly to inquiries.
What’s causing the influx
The Washington State Legislature established a long-term care insurance benefit for all eligible workers funded by a payroll tax to address the future long-term care crisis. The recent Washington Cares Fund announcement prompted clients in the state of Washington to seek out their own long-term care insurance.
While Thrivent and LTCG anticipated and planned for a temporary increase in LTC apps from Washington, the volume far exceeded those expectations.
What’s being done to address the delays
To handle the significantly increased volume, LTCG has:
- Added support to their Case Management team to assist with welcome emails and follow-up communications.
- Approved overtime for Case Managers.
- Started an incentive program for underwriters to encourage additional work hours.
- Added underwriting assessment telephone staff in May and June.
- Transitioned additional Case Management work to existing support teams.
Our requests of you
- We ask for your grace and understanding as LTCG works to get ahead of what’s anticipated to be a temporary—but heavy—influx of LTC apps.
- For time-sensitive questions about pending LTC applications, underwriting or status, contact Sara Wagner at 800-625-9267, Option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, they will update you as soon as LTCG has provided an update on your pending case
Thank you for your patience while we work through this unprecedented volume of LTC applications