SureBridge Products Releasing on Friday, January 24
• Prime DVH* — MT, NC, VA
Please refer to the Supplemental Product & UW Guide, training guide, and brochures on the Broker Portal for product details.
See our chart for SureBridge product availability by state.
* Prime DVH Training
To best serve our customers, please complete the Prime DVH training module prior to selling this product. To verify that you have completed the course, click on the “Training” tab from the Home page of your Broker Portal. Next, click on the “SureBridge University” button under LINKS on the right side of the page. The course will show as “Completed” under the “My Learning” page. If it is not completed, click on the “Learning Library” tab and click on the course to begin. If you attempt to sell Prime DVH without completing the training, you will automatically be enrolled in the course. You will then have 7 days to complete the training before you are suspended from selling SureBridge products. It is in your best interest to complete the training prior to selling the plan.
Important Point of Sale (POS) Tool Impacts
Updates to the SureBridge Point of Sale Tool will begin around 7 PM CST Thursday, January 23, which could cause the system to be temporarily unavailable. Email Proposals sent prior to Friday (1/24) will not be able to “Apply” for the new application after Thursday (1/23). If the application is not started by the customer before Thursday (1/23), a new Proposal must be created.
In addition to the revised Application** and product revisions, the following updates will be made to the POS Tool in MT, NC and VA:
- Accident Disability Direct Changes
- All Benefit Levels will now be considered as Guaranteed Issue (GI); subject to eligibility questions such as citizenship, occupation, and salary.
- All Elimination Periods and Duration options will now be available for all Benefit Levels.
- Simplified Issue (SI) commission levels will be paid for all Benefit Levels.
- The Citizenship Question on the application has been revised to allow the section of “DACA (Deferred Action Childhood Arrival) Recipient.”
- Now Allowing Prior Dental Coverage Credit for the PPO Dental Premiere and Senior PPO Dental Premiere — VA Only
Waiting periods may be waived on the PPO Dental Premiere for new customers previously covered under “full dental coverage,” provided such prior coverage was in effect for at least 12 consecutive months with no gaps in coverage greater than 63 days prior to their application date. The applicant will be required to provide their prior dental coverage information on the application. Partial credit will not be allowed.
- “Full Dental Coverage” is defined as coverage that includes Types I, II, and III covered expenses, such as restorative, endodontic, periodontic, prosthodontic, and oral surgery. The PPO Dental Basic or Bronze Dental plans do not meet this definition and will not qualify for the waiver if upgrading to the Premiere.
** Please review the application carefully as some of the questions may have changed.
Additional Point of Sale (POS) Tool Updates — All States
- Electronic Delivery Consent pre-selected as “Yes”
- If the applicant does not want their documents delivered electronically, they can select “No” and proceed with the application process.
- Applicant’s Annual Gross Income Required when applying for SureBridge Disability plans
- During the Quote process, a new field will require the applicant to enter their annual gross income when applying for the Accident Disability Direct or Income Protection Direct plans. Once the income and occupation are entered, only the Benefit Levels allowed based on the applicant’s income will be available for selection. The Benefit Level selected cannot be more than 60% of the applicant’s annual gross income.
Please note: This information will be carried through to the Application and cannot be changed once in the Apply process. Please be sure the information entered is accurate before leaving the Quote process or a new application will have to be initiated.
Contact SureBridge Producer Support by calling 888-797-4447, or by emailing: AgentCommunications@SureBridgeInsurance.com.