From the Desk of
We want to thank you for the amount of business we have received, and continue to receive, due to your commitment and partnership.
Due to the unprecedented volume of new business, our Simplified Issue Life Underwriting team is experiencing delays in time service. To accommodate this, we are increasing our staff and working overtime on nights and weekends to ensure your business is handled properly, and as quickly as possible.
As we work toward returning to expected service levels, we are committed to keeping you updated on our service times.
Our current time service levels are listed below. Please note, business days do NOT include weekends.
- New Business Reviewed: 7-8 business days
- Pending Requirements Reviewed: 1-2 business days
- Policy Issued (from app received, to policy issued): 9 business days
- Post Issue Requirements: 1-2 business days
- Emails and Phone Call Returned: 24-48 hours
How you can help:
- Ensure your applications are in good order before submitting.
- Follow the case pending status report on Sales Professional Access (SPA) before calling into the underwriting call center. The most up to date information will be on this repot.
- Submit requirements to email@example.com.
- Please refer to our Submission via Email process guidelines for details on submitting requirements electronically.
- Reply promptly to requests for additional requirements.
- Avoid submitting duplicate requests through various channels (fax, requirement email, direct to underwriter, etc.).
- Submit a request for pre-screen or risk review by email instead of calling our Underwriting Call Center.
- Email your requests to ExpressRiskAssessment@MutualofOmaha.com.
- You will receive a response to your inquiry within 24 hours.
- Please note, this is not a status line.
We thank you for your continued support and appreciate your patience and understanding as we work diligently to return to normal time service levels. You can be assured that we are doing everything possible to get your cases issued in a timely manner.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Sales Director or Account Executive.
VP, Individual Underwriting