“Sending hopeful messages about state’s long-term-care law doesn’t make it a good deal; exemptions continue,” by Elizabeth Hovde, Washington Policy Center
“While state marketing persists to make the WA Cares Fund look like a good deal, exemption applications that were available to people with long-term-care plans of their own continue to trickle in. I expect the numbers to rise mildly each month until the end of the year and then get a big boost in January 2023 when new exemption categories are allowed to apply for exemption and keep more of their income.
As of May 16:
- Total exemption applications received: 477,911
- Total applications processed: 477,811
- Total number of applications approved: 474,190
- Applications processed as a percentage of total: 99.98%
- Approved applications as a percentage of total processed: 99.24%”
LTC Comment, Stephen A. Moses, President, Center for Long-Term Care Reform:
Policy pushers persist as plan popularity plummets.
Subscribe to GoldenCare News