Washington State Cares Fund Reminder
As a reminder NGL has instituted new policy minimum benefits, underwriting requirements and administrative changes in Washington State only. To provide coverage similar to the benefits available through the Washington Cares Fund:
- The minimum Daily Benefit Amount available is $100. Applications with $50 – $90 Daily Benefit Amounts will not be accepted.
- The applicant must choose an inflation option. Applications with no inflation will not be accepted.
- Facility only applications will not be accepted.
Underwriting: If an applicant in Washington has not been seen by a physician in the last 24 months, they will be declined; a para-med will no longer be used in these situations.
As a reminder, there will be a full charge back of commissions for policies where the premium is not paid into the second year of coverage.
- Ask your prospects if they are truly planning for long term care or if they’re simply trying to avoid the payroll tax. NGL is not interested in business written to avoid payroll tax.
- Thoroughly prequalify and field underwrite – Insureds should apply with the intention of having a policy issued. Agents will want to set clear expectations that applying is not a guarantee of coverage.
- Submit Washington business as soon as possible – While no cutoff date has been imposed, we will not be able to guarantee the processing of an application prior to November 1, 2021 if we continue to receive an influx of business.
- Washington is a pre-appointment state for contracting purposes. Agents must be fully appointed prior to soliciting an application.
Please keep in mind these changes are only applicable to Washington applications and are only in place through November 1, 2021.
NGL appreciates your business. Should you have any questions, please contact your Regional Vice President of Sales or contact us at 888.505.2332 or LTC@NGLIC.com.