SureBridge Products Releasing on Friday, September 27
- Prime DVH* – CA
- No application fee when sold as a stand-alone. When sold with another SureBridge supplemental plan, the appropriate application fee will apply.
- Wellness Rider (for CancerWise Plus & HeartWise) – OH
- Discontinue Income Protection Direct – MA (Details below)
Please refer to the Supplemental Product & UW Guide, training guide, and brochure on the Broker Portal for product details.
See our chart for SureBridge product availability by state.
* Mandatory Prime/DVH Training
Prior to selling Prime DVH, you must have completed the mandatory SureBridge University product training modules. To verify that you have completed the course, click the “SB University” tab from the homepage of your Broker Portal. The course will show as “Completed” under the “My Learning” page. If it is not completed, click the “Learning Library” tab and click on the course to begin. If you attempt to sell Prime DVH without completing the training, you will automatically be enrolled in the course. You will then have 7 days to complete the training before you are suspended from selling SureBridge products. It is in your best interest to complete the training prior to selling the plan.
Important Point of Sale (POS) Tool Impacts
Updates to the SureBridge Point of Sale Tool will begin around 7 PM CST Thursday, September 26, which could cause the system to be temporarily unavailable. Email Proposals sent prior to Friday (9/27) will not be able to “Apply” for the new application after Thursday (9/26). If the application is not started by the customer before Thursday (9/26), a new Proposal must be created.
In addition to the revised application** and/or product revisions in CA, MA and OH, the following updates will be made to the POS Tool:
Discontinuing Income Protection Direct – Massachusetts Only
- The Income Protection Direct will no longer be available for new sales starting 9/27/19.
- Requested Effective Dates beyond 12/27/19 will not be allowed.
Changing the CI Wise Suite to Display Separate Guaranteed Issue Options – Ohio Only
- The CI Wise Product Package, CancerWise Plus, and HeartWise will now display a separate guaranteed issue version of the plans, as a separate plan selection. This will be in addition to the current simplified issue plan options.
Now Allowing Prior Dental Coverage Credit for the PPO Dental Premiere and Senior PPO Dental Premiere – For AL, AR, AZ, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, KS, KY, LA, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, ND, NE, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV, and WY
- Waiting periods may be waived on the PPO Dental Premiere for new customers previously covered under “full dental coverage,” provided such prior coverage was in effect for at least 12 consecutive months with no gaps in coverage greater than 63 days prior to their application date. The applicant will be required to provide their prior dental coverage information on the application. Partial credit will not be allowed.
- “Full Dental Coverage” is defined as coverage that includes Types I, II, and III covered expenses, such as restorative, endodontic, periodontic, prosthodontic, and oral surgery. The PPO Dental Basic or Bronze Dental plans do not meet this definition and will not qualify for the waiver if upgrading to the Premiere.
Now Allowing the Selection of Multiple Beneficiaries for Life Plans – All States
- When completing a Term Life or Final Expense application, the applicant can now designate multiple Primary and/or Contingent Beneficiaries. The Designation Beneficiary List form will capture any and all designated beneficiaries.
** Please review the application carefully as some of the questions may have changed.
Questions? We’re Here To Help!
Contact SureBridge Producer Support by calling 888-797-4447, or by emailing: AgentCommunications@SureBridgeInsurance.com.