The updated MutualCare® Solutions Product and Underwriting Guide (156217) is now available to navigate you through the field underwriting process. We want your interaction to be positive and help you manage your client’s expectations.
We have highlighted some of the changes below:
- Page 10: Partner premium allowance clarifies that allowances will apply beginning on the second partner’s effective date and will not be applied retroactively to partners issued with different effective dates
- Updated medical impairments
- Added Barrett’s Esophagus
- Colitis – added details and guidelines
- Deep Vein Thrombosis – added “no Greenfield/IVC (inferior vena cava) filter”
- Disabled, collecting any type of disability benefits, other than VA disability was corrected to reflect Decline
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia Purpura – added “3 years maximum benefit period”
- Lymphoma – added “after 1 year, not requiring treatment” after Low-grade
- Pulmonary Embolism – included “Greenfield/IVC (inferior vena cava) filter”
- Sleep Apnea – added “dental device” after Moderate to severe, responsive to treatment, compliant with CPAP or BIPAP
- Page 50 – MIB has been added to the list of underwriting requirements
- Page 56 – To better align with our use of an application for 90 days, the appeal handlperioding period has been changed from 60 to 30 days. The appeal period begins as of the date of the decline or adverse health letter. If the client wishes to appeal our decision, all appeal information having a bearing on the decision, whether from the client or the client’s provider(s), (with the exception of some state variations which allow a longer appeal period) must be provided to us within 30 days of the letter date. A letter will be sent to the client advising of our decision within 30 days.
- Page 65: Claims section has been added to walk you through our process
How to Order
The MutualCare® Solutions Product & Underwriting Guide can be viewed on Sales Professional Access in the Forms and Materials section, or order through your normal ordering channels.
If you have any questions, please contact Mutual of Omaha’s Sales Support at (800) 693-6083 or email email@example.com.