Whether you are brand new, seasoned in DI sales, or a life producer ready to cross-sell, start talking DI. Here are tips to get you going:
To start the DI conversation, focus on the need, not the product. You can start by asking questions like:
- What is most important to you?
- How do you spend your money?
Once you’ve learned what interests them, get clients to think about what would happen to the things they value in the event an illness or injury puts them out of work and stops their income. Ask:
- What would happen if you could no longer work and suddenly lost your income?
- How would you pay the bills and keep up with your responsibilities?
- What impact would this have on your family or lifestyle?
Take advantage of Disability Insurance Awareness and have the important conversation with your clients about income protection.