Effective October 1, 1018, we are expanding the issue ages for 10T and 15T Non-ROP Term Life Express (TLE) policies. In addition, we are adding four new benefit triggers for the Living Benefits Rider: dementia (including Alzheimer’s), major burns, AIDS and aortic aneurysm surgery.
New Issue Ages
- Issue Ages 18-50: $25,000 – $300,000
- Issue Ages: 51-60: $25,000 – $250,000
- Issue Ages: 61-70: $25,000 – $150,000
New Living Benefits Triggers for Critical Illness
As of October 1st, the Critical Illness Living Benefits Rider will now include benefit triggers for dementia (including Alzheimer’s), major burns, AIDS, and aortic aneurysm surgery in addition to the existing triggers (ALS, kidney failure, life-threatening cancer, major organ failure, heart attack, stroke)
Here’s What You Need to Know:
- Sales effective date: October 1, 2018
- Issue age/rate class change is available in all states; Living benefit trigger changes are available in all states except California
- Marketing materials will be updated and available on Sales Professional Access (SPA) on September 19, 2018
- Application signed prior to October 1, 2018:
Must be received in the home office by October 31st to be eligible for the current issue age/face amount limits. In addition, the Critical Illness Living Benefits Rider will reflect the current triggers
- Applications signed on or after October 1, 2018:
Will use the new issue age/face amount limits, as well as the new triggers for the Critical Illness Living Benefits Rider
What about TLE ROP policies?
TLE ROP policies will remain unchanged and will continue to offer the current issue ages and face amounts.
For more information or if yo have questions, please call Mutual of Omaha’s Sales Support at 800-693-6083.