Use your NPN on all Medicare enrollments starting September 1
Starting September 1, you must use your National Producer Number (NPN) when submitting enrollment applications for Aetna and Coventry Individual Medicare products (MA/MAPD, PDP). We’re discontinuing use of the Coventry Agents Writing Number (AWN).
Here’s what to expect
- You must use your NPN on all Aetna and Coventry MA/MAPD and PDP enrollments starting September 1. An NPN is required for all producers to receive credit. You can look up your NPN at https://www.nipr.com/pacNpnSearch.htm.
- Even though 2017 Coventry enrollment forms reference the AWN, you must start using your NPN on all applications.
- 2018 enrollment forms will refer to NPN only.
- We’re closing the Coventry Broker Portal website on September 1. Messaging on the website will direct you to Producer World instead.
- You’ll still need to access App Tracker to view reports for all Coventry Medicare business. You can get to App Tracker through Producer World (Individual Medicare page, Reports tab, “Access Coventry Reporting”). To login, you’ll use your App Tracker username, which is the same as your AWN. The Broker Services Department will send all new agents their App Tracker username via email after they become contracted.
If you have any questions, please contact your local Aetna Medicare Broker Manager. Or contact the Aetna Medicare Broker Services Department at 1-866-714-9301, 8 am to 8 pm ET.
Compliance: AETNA – COVENTRY — NPN on all Medicare Enrollments Sept 1