Illustration Regulation AG 49-A
The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) has made enhancements to Actuarial Guideline 49 (now referred to as AG 49-A). All carriers are required to comply with these new indexed universal life (IUL) illustration regulations by December 14, 2020.
The following are Securian Financial’s transition details and deadlines:
- Eclipse Accumulator IUL
- Eclipse Protector II IUL
- Eclipse Survivor II IUL
- Eclipse IUL-NY
- Friday, November 20, 2020 — Illustrations based on the old AG 49 guidelines will no longer be available after this date.
- Saturday, November 21, 2020 noon – Central Time — Updated, AG 49-A compliant illustrations available.
- December 11, 2020, 3:00 p.m. Central Time — to place a case under the old AG 49 guidelines, cases need to be UNDERWRITTEN, APPROVED, PAID and DELIVERED (delivery receipt signed) with a signed illustration run no later than November 20, 2020.
- Cases that have not completed the above requirements by this time will require a new, signed AG 49-A compliant illustration.
- This is a regulatory requirement and NO EXCEPTIONS will be made.
- Nevada and Oregon only. AG 49-A compliant illustrations are pending state approval. Cases for these states need to paid and delivered by 3:00 p.m. December 11, 2020 with a signed illustration run no later than November 20. Otherwise products in those states will be unable to be issued until the updated illustrations are approved. Approval timing could vary by product.
Note: There may be situations in which you receive an illustration upon policy delivery containing old AG 49 guidelines. If this occurs, you will be asked to supply a new, signed AG 49-A compliant illustration.
For more information on this regulation and how it impacts your business with Securian Financial, please view our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document.
Please contact our Enterprise Contact Center at 1-888-413-7860, option 1.